Wednesday, October 29, 2008

SAVED BUT HAVEN'T SURRENDERED

Yesterday, I was doing some medical tests at Kaiser Hospital. My wife who accompanied me was in the waiting room reading a book by Chuck Swindoll. I happened to glance over at the book and read a part of a paragraph that said "The problem with churches today, is that people are saved, but they have not surrendered." I was totally blown away when I read this, and thought to myself how true this statement is. Many of the problems that churches are having is because people haven't totally surrendered themselves to Christ.

You can't be a trouble maker, or a gossiper, or a busybody, if you have totally surrendered yourself to Jesus Christ. Because, if you are totally surrendered to him then you would display his attributes. You would not still be smoking cigarettes, as soon as church lets out. You would not still be "shackin" with a man or a woman if you have surrendered. You would not be unsubmissive to your mate if you have surrendered. The Apostle Paul on several occassions in the book of Acts describes how his life is "sold out" to Jesus Christ. If you're gonna be a follower of him, and reap the rewards that he has for you, then you must lay everything on the table.

You can't be like Achan, or Saul, who disobeyed God and failed to surrender everything that he told them to. And because they didn't, it cost them their anointing, and ultimately their lives. Being saved is not enough, you have to surrender all!

7 comments:

Fitts said...

Bro Preacher, you are a great writer and very accurate in you assesment. I just preached a couple sermons from James on surrender.

Great post and welcome to the blog community!!!
I'm looking forward to visiting your blog for more wisdom and insight.

Grace & Peace,

DeAntwan Fitts

Pastor Lance A. Mann said...

Brother Pastor, I would like to welcome you to the blogging community as well. To concur with Pastor Fitts, your writing and thought process is great. I am looking forward to reading more from you. God be praised!

Lance

Reginald C. Payne said...

Boy you sound like your part of the staff at Full "G'(LOL)good post.

BAW Sr. said...

Man Severe that was a great post!
I have been hammering away with the same theme at New Life. The Christ/Lordship theme. I was very helped by reading this post. Thanks for your encouraging words.
I look foward to reading more thought provoking post from you man, you are doing it! To God be the Glory!
BAW,sr

Unknown said...

Brother Barry, what a thoughtful expression and what a great flow of thought you have laid out since beginning to blog. You are a heavy walker and I look forward to reading your thoughts and ideas in the future. Boy I tell you what Payne is definitely blessed to have you as one of the members of his staff. I know his sentiment is the same as the Father has for the Son, "This is my beloved son in whom I am well pleased."

Keep blogging Barry and telly Mitzy we send our love.

Tony Rhone (okc)

HALLELUJAH said...

Powerful Truth,

You must be sold out if your are to experience his Magnificent Glory.

Wonderful Post Pastor!!!

Keith D. Witherspoon said...

Preacher,

First of all welcome! Also, I thank you for your comments on my blog. We share alot in common.

A year ago in September, my 21 year old brother was murdered because he won a fist fight.

I have a serious passion for this violence to stop. I don't want anyone else to have to experience that kind of pain!

Let's keep in touch!